IFPDA Executive Director Jenny Gibbs had the chance to catch up with Brooklyn-based multidisciplinary artist Derrick Adams over the holiday weekend.
Gibbs challenged Adams to pick just five works from the 125 virtual booths in the IFPDA Fine Art Print Fair Online. “It was definitely a challenge picking only five works at the IFPDA Print Fair, but these stood out to me for their combination of figuration and abstraction.” It became an unexpectedly costly online expedition for Adams, who said, “I had such a great time visiting online I ended up purchasing three amazing works, only one of which is on this list. Until next time!”
1. Emma Amos, 3 Ladies, 1970, Mary Ryan Gallery, Inc
2. Sanford Biggers, Psyche, 2009-2011, Goya Contemporary/Goya-Girl Press
3. Chitra Ganesh, Prophecy, 2019, Durham Press, Inc.
4. Jacob Hashimoto, The Necessary Invention of the Mind, VI, 2020, Durham Press, Inc.
5. Troy Michie, Doubling, 2019, Brand X Editions